Red Rising board game is based on the book series by Pierce Brown of a dystopian society. You enter this world where society is divided into fourteen castes. Each recognizable by their individual color and consigning their inhabitants to their station.
You take on the role of a house attempting to rise to power as you piece together an assortment of followers (represented by your hand of cards). Will you break the chains of the Society or embrace the dominance of the Golds?
Red Rising is a hand-management, combo-building game for 1-6 players. You start with a hand of 5 cards, and on your turn, you deploy 1 of those cards to a location on the board, activating that card’s deploy benefit.
You will then gain the top card from another location (face up) or the deck (face down), gaining those locations' benefit too. You then add the card to your hand as you enhance your end-game point total.
If at any point you’re happy with your hand, you can instead use your turn to reveal a card from the top of the deck and place it on a location to gain that location’s benefit.
If you enjoy combo-building), hand management, and removing and gaining cards, we think you'll really enjoy Red Rising. (45–60-minute playing time).
- 112-character cards (65x100mm)
- 6 asymmetric House tiles (65x100mm black core)
- 1 board (410x284mm)
- 1 wolf-head tray and lid
- 60 helium tokens (red gems)
- 60 influence tokens (plastic cubes)
- 1 Sovereign token
- 1 crescent moon first-player token
- 1 custom Rising die (22mm)
- 6 fleet tokens (plastic ships)
- 1 scorepad (50 pages, double-sided)
- 6 reference cards (65x100mm)
- Box (296x296x70mm)
- Insert (Cardboard)
- 1 multiplayer rulebook
- 1 Automa rulebook
- 30 Automa cards (25 cards are 57x87mm and 5 cards are 65x100mm)